This style is probably the most iconic aviator sunglass shape out there. First designed by American Optical in the 1950s for the USAAF and since copied after by countless others. The name of this style references one of its most famous protagonists, the WW2 General Douglas MacArthur who served famously in the Pacific Theater. He wore this style often. The current glasses are once again made to the highest of military standards by hand in the USA.
- Temple Style: Standard
- Size: 55-14-140mm
- Lens Color: Brown
- Frame Color: Pink Gold
- True-Color™ Gray Glass lenses offer superior clarity and scratch resistance
- Chromatically tuned True-Color™ Gray tint reduces eye fatigue in bright light conditions
- Lens Filter Category: 3
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Anti-reflective backside coating
- Oleophobic smudge-resistant coating
- Impact-resistant (ANSI Z80.3)
- Scratch-resistant material and hardcoat
- Distortion-free for optical clarity
Before the invention of the car. Before the radio. Before typewriters, elevators, and telephones. Before electricity, in 1833, American Optical was already helping people see the world. The oldest optical company in American history has pioneered optical and eyewear innovation for centuries. AO’s founders believed everyone should have access to eyewear, not just the elite, and changed history by bringing spectacle manufacturing to the US. Since then, AO has originated sunwear styles worn by pilots, Presidents, and NASA space crews. AO has recently moved to Chicago and by doing so they have taken back full production into the United States and finally a wide range of their iconic styles will be available again.
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.