Concrete Matter is looking for a...
Communication & Marketing Intern
Concrete Matter - The Man's Gift Company - is seeking an intern with a passion for Communication, Marketing and/or Design. We're working on a range of different projects to increase our online presence. We work with a fun small team that is flexible when asked and serious when required. We work in an office close to our store. To ensure good results, we are looking for an intern who is communicative, independent, organised and inspiring.
• Working on increasing Concrete Matter's online presence using various tools and methods
• Setting up and managing our weekly newsletter
• Find and contact blogs, magazines and newspapers with relevant stories about Concrete Matter
• Come up with creative ways to generate more traffic and attract happy customers
Required Experience and Abilities
• Available for 4-5 days a week for a period of 5-6 months
• Owner of your own laptop
• Native Dutch speaker
• Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
• Experience with social media for commercial usage - predominantly Facebook and Instagram.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Able to communicate questions, issues or opinions easily
• Able to be creative and independent when required
• Strong sense of professionalism and responsibility
• Good sense of humor and an ability to laugh at oneself
Recommended Experience and Abilities
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Experience with Facebook advertising & Instagram
• Experience with working in a store and helping customers
• Our sense of humor
• Good taste in music
Concrete Matter, the Man’s Gift Co. began as a collaborative effort between Tim, Tomas and Jacob - three young, creative guys from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Bound together by our passion for useful, durable and beautiful products, we set up a small but comprehensive online store called Concrete Matter in early 2012.
Tim, an award winning graphic designer, took care of product photography and design. Jacob, a former FOAM curator, took care of curation and inventory. Tomas, an ambitious entrepreneur, took care of logistics and accounts.
Concrete Matter’s range of products now includes knives, vintage globes, vintage maps, shoe care products, taxidermy, outdoor gear, cufflinks, tools, DIY kits, lithography, personal care products and a range of compelling curiosities.
Curious and adventurous as we are, we’re always looking to expand on that. If it’s one of those rare items that successfully walks the line between beauty and durability, then we’re on it. Ultimately, that’s what we’re trying to achieve: we’ re trying to counteract a throw-away culture of anonymous mass production. Also, we believe durability and aesthetics are often a tightly knit couple.
Well for starters, you'll get free lunch everyday. Your monthly compensation will be comparable with other internships. You'll be working in a fun young team and have lots of freedom and responsibility, and therefore you'll be able to learn loads of new things. You'll be able to experiment and test various ways of communication and marketing.
Apply for this internship
If this all sounds good, we'd love to hear more and have you drop by our store for an interview. To apply for this internship, simply send us your resume and motivation per email