The Buffalo Plaid, Red and Black Checkered Plaid, Mackinaw Plaid or in Dutch 'Houthakkers' (Lumberjack) Plaid has been a staple fabric for the outdoors in North America ever since the mid 19th century. It's oldest name is probably Buffalo Plaid and first coined around 1850 by a designer at Woolrich Wool Mills. This jacket, which is dated early 1940s based on the label design is not so old when talking about the Buffalo Plaid fabric, but it is quite old for a garment to still be around and looking so good. The jacket has a few very nice features like the two small adjustment waist straps, the intact zipper and the single breast pocket. The overall condition of the jacket is amazing.
- Original early 1940s wool American Buffalo Plaid shirt
- Fits like a M
- Great vintage condition with amazing details
- Measurements shoulder 50cm, sleeve 60cm, pit to pit 60cm, back 66cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.