The Buffalo Plaid, Red and Black Checkered Plaid, Mackinaw Plaid or in Dutch 'Houthakkers' (Lumberjack) Plaid has been a staple fabric for the outdoors in North America ever since the mid 19th century. It's oldest name is probably Buffalo Plaid and first coined around 1850 by a designer at Woolrich Wool Mills. This jacket, which is dated late 1950s based on the label design is not so old when talking about the Buffalo Plaid fabric, but it is quite old for a garment to still be around and looking so good. It looks a lot like somebody took the effort the add in a strip of fabric along the side of the jacket to extend its fit. Of course it features all the classic hunting jacket perks like a poachers pouch on the back and a good collection of pockets.
- Original early 1950s wool American Buffalo Plaid Hunting Jacket
- Fits like a roomy XL
- Great vintage condition
- Measurements shoulder 54cm, sleeve 86cm, pit to pit 73cm, back 75cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.