The Buffalo Plaid, Red and Black Checkered Plaid, Mackinaw Plaid or in Dutch 'Houthakkers' (Lumberjack) Plaid has been a staple fabric for the outdoors in North America ever since the mid 19th century. It's oldest name is probably Buffalo Plaid and first coined around 1850 by a designer at Woolrich Wool Mills. This jacket, which is dated around 1950s is not so old when talking about the Buffalo Plaid fabric, but it is quite old for a garment to still be around and looking so good. The Hercules workwear brand was a subsidiary brand of Sears Roebuck. This amazing shirt-jacket features two big pockets, a zipper and some cool repairs. It can worn as an outer layer or as a shirt, hence the common reference to this type of garment as a shirt-jacket.
- Original ca. 1950s wool American Buffalo Plaid shirt
- Fits like a L
- Great vintage condition with some repairs
- Measurements shoulder 48cm, sleeve 60cm, pit to pit 62cm, back 72cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.