This type of coat is know as a French-Canadian Mackinaw. The Mackinaw coat has a long history with the British army fighting in North America. The design details of the original mackinaw are seen in this jacket, but with the French-Canadian Mac the mouton collar and shearling lining are added and the details of soccer buttons and leather reinforcements seem to be present in all too. The French were famous for their hunting in North America and this coat has somewhat of a (snowy) hunters feel to it.
The batch we have are all made early 1970s and some are even dead stock with French tags on them. They all have a very strong visual appeal and yes warm is what they are too!
- Original early 1970s cotton and shearling jacket
- Size L
- Fake soccer buttons
- Near mint condition, minor wear to the leather details
- Measurements shoulder 53cm, arm 63cm, pit to pit 59cm, back 81cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores