The Fishtail parka was originally an improved version of the N3-B parka which was already worn in WW2. For the Korean War the designers went back to the drawing board. Their aim was to come up with a versatile garment which would protect the GI's from the cold and rather wet conditions in Korea. For this purpose they designed a parka which was waterproof, strong and still enabled the soldier to move around with ease. The parka came with a removable liner adding to its versatility. The design featured to characteristic drawstrings at the back and front that could be tied together around the leg. Thus trapping warm air and keeping you warm. Soldier thought this looked like a Fishtail.
The Fishtail parka probably gained its most recognition during the Mod period in the UK. The mods really like the look of the fishtail parka and it kept them clean whilst they were on their Vespa scooters.
The M65 is again an adaptation of its predecessor. This model has an different type of liner and not an attached hood. It also seems a bit less baggy. Of course the iconic drawstring remained. We also have the liner for this fishtail. You can find them here.
- Original jacket in absolute mint condition from 1983
- Baggy fit makes it hard to put an exact size on it but can go from roomy M to more fitted XL
- Measurements: pit to pit 69cm, arm 62cm, shoulder 61cm, back 105cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
- We also have the liner for this fishtail. You can find them here.
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.