After the Second World War the company Gloverall bought up, restored and thus saved the Duffle Coat for future generations. The also claim to be the inventors of this jacket, which is not true as the duffle coat has a very long history. Its origins are not 100% clear, but most likely they were first worn by Belgian monks somewhere in the 18th century. It is a classic piece which breathes a classic style, a style that never goes out of fashion as is the case with so many great designs. The jacket has a rich (mainly Naval) history too, but this blue version is meant to be worn on land, in the city, while walking the dog or on the estate and especially: for many more years to come!
- Original Gloverall duffle coat Made in England
- Near mint vintage condition
- Outer 100% wool
- Size 48
- Measurements: shoulder 48cn, pit to pit 59cm, sleeves 60cm, back 94cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.