The Buffalo Plaid, Red and Black Checkered Plaid, Mackinaw Plaid or in Dutch 'Houthakkers' (Lumberjack) Plaid has been a staple fabric for the outdoors in North America ever since the late 19th century. It's oldest name is probably Buffalo Plaid and first coined around 1850 by a designer at Woolrich Wool Mills. This jacket, which is dated around 1950s is not so old when talking about the Buffalo Plaid fabric, but it is quite old for a garment to still be around and looking so good. Despite almost all of them being red and black, the next most common color combination is indeed green and black.
- Original ca. 1950s wool shirt
- Fits like a M
- Great vintage condition with some wear in the collar
- Measurements shoulder 48cm, sleeve 58cm, pit to pit 54cm, back 78cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.