AO is proud to reintroduce, the Tournament, reviving another classic AO style. Along with the AO core line-up, the Tournament shows us how much the past informs current trends, and proves the timeless nature of sunwear. First introduced in the 1950s, this style manages to feel completely modern despite its vintage inspiration. It was originally described as “a bold, masculine frame for those who enjoy the challenge of competition,” and we couldn’t phrase it any better. Though it was first designed as an optical frame, the classic shape felt perfectly suited to sunwear in 2021. Though the design is vintage, it doesn’t feel that way – much like the Saratoga. Over the past year, our relationships with what we buy have changed deeply. We want things to last longer, but stay sharp. We want to look and feel good, but maybe not with the same level of effort we once thought was worthwhile. This classic style, with a shape that just about anyone can wear and lasting quality, checks all the boxes.
These sunglasses are once again made in the U.S.A. by hand insuring their guaranteed quality as a distinctive trademark to rule out the competition of inferior copies.
- True-Color™ Gray Nylon AOLite™ lenses are extremely lightweight and impact resistant.
- Chromatically tuned True-Color™ Gray tint reduces eye fatigue in bright light conditions
- Size: 52-20-145mm
- Temple Style: Standard
- Lens Color: Grey gradient
- Frame Color: Black Tortoise
- Lens Filter Category: 3
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Anti-reflective backside coating
- Oleophobic smudge-resistant coating
- Impact-resistant (ANSI Z80.3)
- Scratch-resistant material and hardcoat
- Lightweight for extra comfort
Before the invention of the car. Before the radio. Before typewriters, elevators, and telephones. Before electricity, in 1833, American Optical was already helping people see the world. The oldest optical company in American history has pioneered optical and eyewear innovation for centuries. AO’s founders believed everyone should have access to eyewear, not just the elite, and changed history by bringing spectacle manufacturing to the US. Since then, AO has originated sunwear styles worn by pilots, Presidents, and NASA space crews. AO has recently moved to Chicago and by doing so they have taken back full production into the United States and finally a wide range of their iconic styles will be available again.
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.