The Original Pilot has been a favorite of U.S. military pilots since 1958. Expect uncompromising quality, engineered to rigid military specifications. A style made famous to the general public by Robert DeNiro wearing exactly these frames in Taxi Driver, but before that by the crew of Apollo 11 who took this shade to the moon and back. It is the quintesential sunglass style for men (and women alike) who will understand that a pair of sunglasses like these will never go out of style because they are the benchmark for some many others. These sunglasses are once again made in the U.S.A. by hand insuring their guaranteed quality as a distinctive trademark to rule out the competition of inferior copies.
- Temple Style: Bajonet (easy on and off whilst wearing a helmet)
- Three Size: 52-20-140mm, 55-20-140mm, 57-20-140mm
- Lens Color: Gray
- Frame Color: Gold
- True-Color™ Gray Glass lenses offer superior clarity and scratch resistance
- Chromatically tuned True-Color™ Gray tint reduces eye fatigue in bright light conditions
- Lens Filter Category: 3
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Anti-reflective backside coating
- Oleophobic smudge-resistant coating
- Impact-resistant (ANSI Z80.3)
- Scratch-resistant material and hardcoat
- Distortion-free for optical clarity
Before the invention of the car. Before the radio. Before typewriters, elevators, and telephones. Before electricity, in 1833, American Optical was already helping people see the world. The oldest optical company in American history has pioneered optical and eyewear innovation for centuries. AO’s founders believed everyone should have access to eyewear, not just the elite, and changed history by bringing spectacle manufacturing to the US. Since then, AO has originated sunwear styles worn by pilots, Presidents, and NASA space crews. AO has recently moved to Chicago and by doing so they have taken back full production into the United States and finally a wide range of their iconic styles will be available again.
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.