In the years that we have been looking for, finding and selling curated vintage, this item is easily on of the if not the most special. This is an original ca. 1950s silk embroidered Sukajan or Souvenir jacket made in Japan. The souvenir jackets name is derived from the fact that after the Second World War quite a few U.S. Army troops which were stationed in Japan had these types of jackets made as a souvenir from their service. Originally surplus silk from parachutes was used and the embroidery themes were a combination from both Japanese and more western (American) themes. Hence the combination of both dragons, eagles and tigers are often featured. Inspired strongly by Japanese tattoo art as well. This Sukajan features exactly these and it can be worn on two sides depending on which motive you prefer. The jacket has Speed zipper made in Tokyo and it is in general in an amazing state. A true piece of fashion history and most certainly a collectors piece.
- Original 100% silk made in Japan Sukajan Souvenir Jacket
- Very rare and highly collectable piece of history
- Size approximately L
- Measurements: shoulder 56cm, pit to pit 62cm, arm 65cm, back 58cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.